Mendr is an Android and iOS based mobile app that lets users make money by editing photos. Basically it’s an app for users who want their photos to be modified and tweaked by experts. They also hire experts who have good photo editing skills to fix photos for their customers. Its working is pretty much similar to apps like Uber, Lyft etc. Users upload their photos for editing. They can ask for specific modifications that they want. Editors can see all of those requests in their dashboards and they have to option to accept working on them or not. Mendr is a relatively new app that was launched in March 2017 but it has gained popularity because of its new brilliant concept.
HOW IT WORKS
In this guide we are not going to discuss the customer’s part. We will focus on the editor part and we’ll explain how you can become an editor and start earning money from this app. Please bear in mind that you need to have suitable photo editing skills before you should apply to become an editor. If you don’t have any graphic designing / editing skills then you won’t probably be able to earn anything. In fact, your lack of skills can hurt your profile which will isn’t a good thing for the long term. When we talk about photo editing skills we mean expertise with tools like Adobe Photoshop, LightRoom, GIMP etc. So if you don’t have the proper skill, it’s better to join a graphics designing course before applying for this opportunity.
Being an editor you will have to do editing jobs that mostly involve:
- Changing colors (hair, skin etc.)
- Removing tattoos
- Fixing wrinkles and spots
- Adding clouds and other effects to photos
- Removing specific objects that users ask
Here are the steps to becoming an Editor on Mendr:
- Signup and create an Editor profile through HERE.
- Once you have created your username and password you will receive a confirmation Email from Mendr.
- In the next step you will have to verify your ID. You can either upload your Passport or your License.
- In your member’s Dashboard you will be able to see the Tests that you have to give in order to become an Editor.
- You have the option to give three types of Tests depending on your skill: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Those tests will involve photo editing tasks that you need to perform.
- After submitting your tests, you will have to wait for 72 hours to get their final response. You will receive an e-mail outlining whether you have been selected as an editor or not.
- If you are selected then Congratulations! You will be given the status of Certified Editor and you can start working on requests immediately.
- However, there’s a catch. They can also decided to put you on the Certified editor Wait-list. Which means you won’t be able to work on any requests and you will have to wait for approval.
Being an editor at Mendr you will be many opportunities to work and earn money from them. It can turn into your part-time job that you can do easily from the comfort of your home. You can either work on photos in the User Photo Pool or you can also get direct requests from customer. Another good thing about Mendr is once you claim a request, it becomes yours and no one else can work on it. It’s another great Micro-tasking application that joins the ranks of Fiverr and Amazon’s Mturk.
HOW DOES MENDR PAY
Mendr pays through Paypal. Once you complete the jobs and Mendr releases your payment, you will be able to immediately cash it out via Paypal. You will earn anywhere between $2 and $30 for editing jobs.
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.