Musicxray.com is an online platform for singers/songwriters to submit their songs and earn money by listening to music. Its a website that connects the artists to talent hunters. Musicxray is a music tech company based in New York city and it started its online operations in 2009. A huge number of songs are uploaded on their platform on daily basis. Users can opt for listening to any songs they are interested in.
HOW IT WORKS
Basically this website was launched to promote artists who want their music to be recognized and build a fan base on a global level. These artists pay a certain fee to promote their music and to build a fan base by submitting their songs to the portal and generating follower-ship. The users can also sign up as fans to listen to music of their own choice. These users or fans are then paid by the website to listen to music of such amateur artists. The recordings are mostly only 30 seconds long. The website pays a few cents per song. Since you want to earn online, you would be signing up as a fan.
HERE’S HOW YOU GET STARTED
- Start by signing up for the Musicxray account. You have the option of signing up by connecting to your Sound Cloud account or you can just sign up with your e-mail. Here’s the link.
- Next step is to select the type of account you are creating. To earn online, you’ll be creating a fan account. So select Music fan.
- Next you will be asked to connect to your Facebook. Note that syncing your Facebook account is important, without it your fan account will not run properly.
- Now that you have connected to your Facebook account, another window will open, which looks like this:Here you select the types of music you are interested in. Just click on any of the genres that you’re interested in.
- Once your music is selected, move on to listing your favorite artists and hit save.
- Hopefully now you will have completed your fan match profile. Now you can click on your fan match inbox to check if there is any new music you can listen to. You will be notified when a new track is uploaded.
- The way it works is you have to listen to the music for 30 seconds and once the song is complete, you will be credited with 10 cents per song.
- Once your minimum duration for listening to the song has been completed, a green dialog box will appear stating Musicxray has added some money to your account. Below this you’ll see an option to either become a fan or not. As per your preference you can either become a fan or you can click Not a fan and skip to the next song.
THINGS TO KNOW
Musicxray is a fairly easy website to play with. However, there are a few points that you should know before you start.
- You cannot listen to a song for less than 30 seconds, if you do that then you will not be credited with money.
- After listening to the track, you can either become a fan or decline, either way you will still receive the payment for the track you listened to.
- It best if you change your music preferences weekly because this way you will keep getting more tracks to listen to.
Musicxray allows users to cash out their payments through PayPal only. The minimum threshold for a payout is $20. Users have the option of cashing out multiple times.
Musicxray.com is a legitimate website (registered with BBB) where users can earn money by listening to music. The user doesn’t get much from listening to a single song. 10 cents per song doesn’t sound much but this can accumulate into a decent amount of money in long run. A user can earn around $10 per day if he /she gives it a suitable amount of time. It’s that easy. So go on and put your headphones on and start earning.
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.