In this time of digitization, where the digital marketplace is full of freelancers with a set of technical skills, we often forget other job roles that have little to do with online jobs. Of course, we are talking about on-site jobs that require human contact. Specially temporary gigs like hospitality services. Whether it’s being a waiter, a bartender, a cook, etc.
Hospitality has been one of the biggest and fast-running industries for a long time. Being a people-oriented industry, this field is one for creatives. It offers people a great way to hone their soft skills and people management skills.
In this guide, we talk about such a platform that hires people for hospitality gigs.
What is Qwick?
Qwick is an online hospitality marketplace that is currently operated in the U.S. The platform hires freelancers from the hospitality marketplace and matches them with businesses that are looking for such roles.
The company hires people for all kinds of roles required in the industry. Their platform has divided these roles into 3 main categories:
- Front of House: Includes jobs like barista, server, bartender, etc.
- Back of House: Includes roles like a line cook, prepper, dishwasher, etc.
- Events and Catering: Includes roles like event Chef, event Helper, banquet server and more.
How does it Work?
If you are ready to start working with Qwick there here’s what to need to do.
- Start by downloading the Qwick app. After which, you can start building your profile, i.e. your expertise, skills, experience, etc. Register yourself HERE.
- When building your profile, you also have to notify your availability for the shifts. Mark the calendar for your availability. Once your profile is complete, you will then be required to attend a mandatory online orientation session.
- Once all the formalities are done, the app will start matching your skills and availability with different shifts. The app will notify you when a shift is available. Users have a choice to pick up any available shift matched according to their profile. It’s as simple as that!
What are the requirements?
To start working with Qwick, there are a few minimum requirements that need to be met before applying.
- Users need to be 18+ to register themselves.
- Users should have at least one year of experience in the relevant industry.
- Users should have a certificate for shifts that require one. Here’s the List of shifts that may require certificates.
Qwick’s payment system is simple and efficient. Qwick pays its workers through Stripe. Workers can get paid within 30 mins of clocking out.
The pay per hour depends on shifts, every shift is different.
Qwick has a great two-way rating system, where users can rate their shifts and the business owners can rate the freelance workers. So the more the rating, the more shifts you get.