Remotasks.com is a crowdsourcing platform where users can get paid for performing and completing simple tasks. These micro tasks include tagging images, audio transcription, data collection etc. Its a relatively new micro-tasking platform created in 2017, and is quickly gaining popularity. This micro job site allows clients to post tasks/jobs and the workers work on those tasks for money.
Remotasks has a list of client companies that provide these tasks, from small startups to big corporations. Anyone can work on Remotasks, however the only requirement is to be fluent in English. As a worker you can unlock more tasks by giving small tests / exams. The more exams you take the more tasking opportunities will be open to you. Want to find out more on how to become a tasker? Here are the steps you need to follow:
How RemoTasks Works
As mentioned before, Remotasks provides a wide variety of tasks, ranging from simple tasks like image annotation (notation) to a little complex tasks like audio transcription. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- To start working, users have to register themselves first. Remotasks requires users to sign up through their Facebook account. Click HERE to Sign Up
- After logging in, you will see your dashboard. On the dashboard you can see your stats regarding work and earnings. To start, you’ll fist have to go through a tutorial that will have practice tasks. After completing the tutorial, you’ll then be able to start working. Just click on Get Started to start the tutorial.
The tutorial comprises of two tasks that the users have to practice on. They also provide clear instructions on how to complete these tasks. The time depends on the users, they can take as little or as much time as they want to get the tasks done. If you make mistakes in these practice tasks, you have to retry again till the task is complete. Only then do you qualify to start applying for the real tasks.
- After going through the practice round, you can now start applying for tasks. On your dashboard you will find a list of tasks that you can apply for. To work on your selected tasks you must first take an exam. After passing it you get to work on the real task.
Remotasks pays its taskers through PayPal. The payment for each task varies according to the complexity of the task. The payment rate can range from $1-$2 per hour. The minimum payout is $5. The payments are made weekly.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- To work on Remotasks you have to be fluent in English.
- Completing the tasks on time is very important. Failure to do so can get you banned from the website.
- High accuracy is required to work on tasks, if your accuracy is too low you could get banned.
- The more accurate your tasks are, the more your score will be. However you can score low if you take too much time or your task is incorrect.
Remotasks is a good alternative to make some money on the side, however patience is required to perform these tasks. The pay-per-task is effective but payment rates are not too high. But again, the website is completely legit and wroth a try. Users on average earn about $30 to $40 per month working a few hours. Remotasks is another alternative to MTurk and other micro tasking websites.
To check out other micro tasking websites here are 5 data entry websites to earn online.
To know more about Remotasks check out their FAQ’s page. If you have worked on RemoteTasks, please let us know of your experience in the comments section below.
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.