HQ Trivia is a mobile application based on iOS that you play to earn cash prizes. This game has become one of the most popular iPhone games recently. Launched in August 2017, the app has now attracted over 1 million concurrent players from around the world. HQ is more like a live game show that goes live at 3 p.m and ends at 9 p.m. The game is currently only available for iPhone users, however an android version is also in works at the moment. Keep reading to know how it works.
HOW TO PLAY HQ TRIVIA?
HQ live trivia is basically a series of 12 multiple choice questions that the player has to answer in 10 seconds time. These multiple choice questions have a total of three possible answers. If the player runs out of time or answers incorrectly, they get eliminated from the game. And those players that reach the final level of the game show and answer the final question correctly, they split the prize money. Sounds simple right? Here’s how you sign up for the game:
Download and install the HQ Trivia app from itunes HERE.
When you open the application, you will be asked to sign up with your phone number and create your username. Once you have signed up, you can select an option in the app that notifies you when the game starts. That way the player doesn’t need to remember at what exact time the game takes place.
WHAT ARE THE GAME RULES?
- HQ trivia starts at 3 p.m and 9 p.m sharp everyday, so if you get late you will not be able to participate in the game show. You can however watch the show as a spectator.
- The show is a series of rapid fire questions and the player is allotted 10 seconds to answer the questions correctly. This time limit is put forth to make sure the player cant search the answer online.
- If the player runs out of time or answers incorrectly, they get disqualified. However, if the player has an Extra Life they can continue playing despite getting disqualified once.
- Players can earn an Extra Life by inviting new players to the game show using their referral code.
- The total prize money is split between players if they all answer the questions correctly.
- If none of the players make it to the final level, the cash prize is carried over to the next game.
HOW DOES HQ PAY?
HQ live trivia pays its winners through PayPal. The cash prizes start from $250 to $1000, but have also gone much higher. The highest cash prize has been $8000 so far. The reason for cash prizes going higher is that if no player wins the game, the cash prize rolls over to the next game and the amount is added.
The cash prizes awarded to players are sponsored by Intermedia Labs, which is also the company that is the owner HQ application. Sponsorship also come from other third parties and affiliates. The show’s creators have also stated that they plan to increase cash prizes to $1,000,000 in the future.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT
There are some other little things to know about HQ trivia app one should know about.
- If you answer incorrectly or run out of time, you will be able to see the correct answer and also how the other players performed.
- There’s also an option of live chat during the show. The player can disable it by swiping it away if it gets distracting.
- The users can also submit their own trivia questions for future considerations.
- The player must be at least 17 years old to download the application.
- One game lasts about 15 minutes. So there’s no problem of it taking too long to finish.
- The game is like a TV game show and its hosted by comedian Scott Rogowsky.
- HQ trivia can be played from anywhere around the world. However its questions are mostly American-centric.
HQ trivia being the hottest most addictive game at the moment is being called the future of TV. Drawing more than 1,000,000 viewers in each game, the application is growing popular among people everyday. It is thus the most easiest way to earn online while having fun. With a nothing to lose mindset you may try your luck everyday for 15 minutes. Who knows, you might get lucky! Here’s another guide that lists Online money games that pay real cash.
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.