The Smart Crowd is an online freelancing platform that provides its users with a variety of small tasks. These tasks include data entry, research work, translation etc. Founded in 2012, it was formerly known as Virtual Bee, but its name was changed to Smart Crowd in 2015. The Smart Crowd is owned by a company called as Lionbridge technologies, that specializes in translation services and is headquartered in Massachusetts, USA. The company has an online workforce of more than 100,000 people. SmartCrowd is a micro working site similar to companies like Mturk and Crowdflower.
HOW DOES IT WORK
Smart Crowd is a micro worker platform that offers its workers to make money from home by doing small tasks. The platform allows you to work any time and anywhere by creating your own flexible schedule. Workers from around the world join smart crowd to supplement their income. To start working on Smart Crowd follow these steps:
- First click on Join Now on their main page or Sign up HERE.
- Once you complete the sign up form, wait for your email confirmation. If you don’t receive a confirmation email you can request to re-send another email.
- Next you’ll be taken to another page where you have to give basic information about yourself. That includes your educational background, employment status and your skills.
- Once that’s done, the next step is your skill evaluation. This is where your data research skills will be tested. You can take as many skill evaluations as you want. This will only further show your potential for more diverse tasks.
- After evaluating your skills, the company will contact you once the results come in and when work is available. So the higher you score on the tests, the greater the chances to get more work.
HOW DOES THE SMART CROWD PAY
The company pays its workers through Direct Deposit, right into your bank account. The rates for different tasks are set and you are paid after the completion of the tasks. Normally, they pay you 20-60 cents per 1000 keystrokes. A user can make about $50 or more on average per month working here.
The smart crowd is a legitimate website to earn online. The small tasks are pretty easy to do and are mostly standard stuff. Another good thing about it is that there is no fixed schedule so you can work anytime you want, there are no constraints.
Some cons about this platform is, that the tasks are repetitive and can easily bore you. Another drawback is that the pay isn’t quite good, so you can only use their website as a supplement to your income. You can not earn a full-time income here. And lastly, keep in mind there’s a lot of competition for this kind of work so it may take a while for you to find work. So if you want to consider other options for online data entry work, you can find a list of legitimate data entry websites here.
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.