TryMyUI is a usability testing platform that allows its testers to evaluate websites and apps, give reviews and earn money by testing websites. Founded in 2010, the company’s headquarters are in California, USA and is a subsidiary of Survey Analytics. The testing company aims to make web easier for people, especially businesses, by letting its testers sort through the hurdles people go through while on their websites or apps. Companies pay TrymyUI to have their websites tested out to ensure they are user friendly and without bugs. The company in turn hires users online to review websites and pays them a standard fee for their time. So if you are looking for passive income, this is the place to start.
HOW IT WORKS
TrymyUI.com works the same way as any other website testing websites do. To become a tester you don’t need any technical skills other than the basic knowledge of how websites work and English proficiency. You also need to be at least 18 years of age to become a tester. To become a tester you must first register yourself on the website, you then have to take an online test using a screen recorder. If the company accepts you, you may then apply for any test that becomes available and start earning. Here are the steps to become a tester:
- You can start by registering yourself HERE.
- Once you have signed up, complete the demographics questionnaire, after which you’ll be taken to perform your qualifications test.
- To begin the test; you have to download the screen recording application. The link of this software is given. Once downloaded you can begin your test. While giving your test, only your voice and computer activity will recorded and not your face. So you don’t need to worry about that.
- The test consists of some instructions and can last for about 20 minutes. Since your recording software will be on, you will have to voice out all the test observations as you go through the website. You are free to voice out your opinions and critique the website, because this is what they are asking you to do. So don’t be shy to say too much. There’s also a one minute sample video before the test that shows you what to expect. Here’s a snap shot of an example test:
- Once you are done with the test, simply click on Done Recording button. After submitting the test, you have to wait 24 hours till the company gets back to you, to let you know if they accept the test or not.
- After your acceptance you will be free to perform tests. You will begin to receive test invites on your email. These invites will be sent in accordance to your set demographics.
- To accept the test, simply click on the link provided in the email to begin testing. You will find all the documentation and instructions for the test, along with the website.
- Once you have completed the test, submit it. The company will then review it, and in accordance will accept or reject it. You can find all this information on your dashboard.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
Before we get on to the payment process, here’s a list of things you should remember:
- When you begin to receive test invites, remember the tests come in first come first serve basis. So you have to check you email regularly, or some one else might beat you to it.
- Another important thing to remember is to be clear in your test. To increase the chances of getting your test acceptance, you have to always say what you are thinking, seeing, doing and why you are doing it.
- And lastly, it is very important that you point out whenever you are confused or annoyed about something. As this material is of vital importance to the website owners.
HOW DOES TRYMYUI PAY
TrymyUI pays its testers through PayPal only. The standard fee per test completed is $10. Once the tests are approved, the amount is added to the tester’s account. The website also says it pays testers twice a week.
After going through the website, we conclude that it is a legitimate website to earn online. Also the pay is pretty good for the time you spend on the test. Apart from that you can also make money by testing websites on Enroll App. You can also check out this guide that shares 15 companies that pay you to test websites. So saddle up and test away!
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.