Tutor.com is a web portal that hires independent contractors as online tutors to help students in their studies. The website comes with a tag line namely “better grades guaranteed”. The said tutors teach students in an online classroom via a secured online environment. The website provides tutoring to students from grade 4 till college. This online service company was founded in 1998, and since then it has facilitated over 15 million tutoring sessions and has over 3000 tutors in its arsenal.
So if you are a college student, a teacher or an industry professional who is looking for ways to earn money while staying at the comfort of your own home, then this is a great opportunity for you to start.
HOW IT WORKS
- Start with visiting their website and clicking on Become a Tutor on the upper right corner. Or you can follow this LINK and scroll down and click on Apply Now button shown below.
- The next step is to click on the create account button under the heading of new users. Now you can enter your following details to create an account for application. Once your done, this message will be displayed, where by you click on Continue to Application Form.
- Here you will be taken to another portal where you have to complete the application form by typing in your details.
- The next step includes adding details about your education, experience and other mandatory stuff. Keep on filling the forms and clicking next. After completing your application form, you will be informed whether your application has been accepted or rejected. It looks like this:
- If your application is accepted, you will be asked to give a subject exam for the subjects that you have applied to tutor in. Once you pass that, you then go through a mock session with an online tutor. After passing both, you then have a background check which takes up to a week. And once your background check comes out alright, you can then start tutoring immediately.
THINGS TO KNOW
Tutor.com is fairly easy to work with, however there are a few points that need mentioning:
- Tutor.com is only available to American or Canadian citizens.
- There is no fixed schedule while teaching, you can tutor whenever you are available to do so.
- When you are logged into the system and wait for the students, the company pays you wait time $5.50 an hour.
HOW DOES TUTOR.COM PAY
Payments directly come from tutor.com and they come from a set schedule. You get paid hourly, and the price per hour depends on the subject you are tutoring on. Tutor.com pays between $9 to $13 per hour. The company cashes out their payments via Check or PayPal.
Tutor.com is legitimate website and it presents a great opportunity for people who have a knack for teaching. According to some people who work for tutor.com said that they can easily make $600 per month by only working 2 hours a night. Cool right? If you are still confused and have queries then do visit their FAQ’s page.
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.