Freepik is one of the largest and most popular platforms for free and paid graphic resources in the world. Their website is dedicated for graphic designers by graphic designers. The platform boasts more than 17 million free downloadable graphic resources. They range from mockup designs, graphic posters, vector graphics to stock photos and flat icons as well.
Freepik presents a great opportunity for designers from around the world to become part of its community of contributors and start earning money online.
Whether you are a graphic designer, an illustrator, or a photographer, you can earn a good amount of cash with Freepik’s worldwide contributor platform.
What is FreePik Contributor Program?
Freepik is widely known for its free graphic resources. It basically works as a design search engine as well as a buy and sells platform. Designers get the opportunity to showcase their work on a platform that gets almost 32 million user visits per month! That’s a lot of visibility for anyone starting out in this field. It’s a win-win situation.
Along with the company’s own dedicated designers, Freepik has launched the contributor program specifically for designers to make money through their designs from anywhere in the world. Any graphic element that has a Golden Crown symbol on it is uploaded by FreePik contributors.
How to make money on Freepik as a Contributor?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to start your journey as a contributor on Freepik:
- The first step is to create your contributor account HERE.
- Remember, your user name will be your contributor name on Freepik, so choose carefully as you cannot change it afterward.
- Once you have registered yourself and read the terms and conditions, you can move on to billing information. Fill in their information as carefully as you can.
- The next step is the Fiscal Information section. Here you have to upload some required documents like your ID card or driver’s license.
- After completing this, you can now finally complete your contributors’ profile. Add your online portfolio or description, etc. and you are done! Now you can start uploading your designs.
Uploading your designs:
Here are some things you need to know when uploading your designs and photos:
- Freepik rates its contributors through levels. The Level 1 contributor is a beginner with 20 graphic resources uploaded, while a Level 3 contributor is the one who has 100 uploaded resources.
- When first uploading your content, you have to upload exactly 20 designs. No more, no less. It’s a requirement.
- To start uploading, go to your Contributor Panel and click on Upload. Remember, while uploading a design you must upload a preview file (.jpg or .png) along with your editable file.
- After you upload the file, choose your design category, use tags and tiles to describe your graphic resources as descriptively as you can.
- Once your designs are reviewed by the Freepik community, and given the green light, your listed resources will be approved for selling.
How do you get Paid?
Freepik pays its designers on a monthly basis. The platform pays its designers through PayPal and Payoneer.
CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP ON PAYONEER (And start with a Free $25 credit)
There are also two kinds of payment systems on Freepik. The first one is Pay Per Download. This calculation depends on the total number of downloads per month plus the number of subscribers per month.
The other calculation method is the RPI method. RPI stands for Returns Per Page and its calculation depends on your earnings for every image download. The higher the RPI, the more money you earn.
Users have reported getting 0.08$ per download on average. Of course, better designs and photos will return more revenue.
Overall FreePik is a popular platform to display and sell your designs/photos to millions of users all over the world. It’s also a great platform to groom your career and showcase your work.