Matadornetwork.com is a travel media company and content creation studio that allows people to write for them and earn money as a travel writer. It is one of the more popular travel media sites in the world. Launched in 2006, this website is a leader in the travel industry, with over 1, 092, 756 average monthly visitors. Users from all around the world contribute articles, photographs and videos to the growing travel network and become part of the community.
HOW IT WORKS
Matador network is always welcoming new contributors to its site. Because this is a travel website, there’s always a slot for new writers or photographers. To help you in your journey to become a travel writer, we have assembled a few steps:
- The first step is to get registered on the site. Sign up HERE.
- Once you have registered to the site, you will be asked to confirm your account via email.
- After confirming your account, you will be taken to another portal to complete your Matador profile.
- Once you have completed your profile, you will be able to see your matador profile page. Here you can see your notifications, setting and any mail you might get. After completing your profile click on the “U” logo, that is at the top left corner of the screen (the red circle).
- Click the “U” logo on the top left to go to the User Dashboard. Here you’ll see a red “Submit work to editors” button. This is where you will be able to submit your work. The dashboard looks like this:
- The next step is to write an article that you think is worth being published. Once you have completed your article and poof read it, click on the “Submit work to editors” button. Next complete the form by adding your personal information, your article/video/photograph etc. Once your have completed the form then simply click on the “Submit” button. (Care must be taken to fill all of the required information, or you submission will not be considered.)
- After submitting your piece, another window will open confirming your submission.
HOW DOES MATADOR PAY
Matador Network pays its writers though PayPal. The website pays its contributors $25 per article.
Matador network is a legitimate travel website. And being a travel website, it is open to international travel writers from around the world. They also have another portal called Matador U. This portal offers training to its contributors in writing skills, photography etc. If you love traveling and writing this might be the best opportunity for building your side-career.