Fotolia.com is a leading online image bank having access to millions of photos, illustrations and videos. This company owned by Adobe is an online buy and sell marketplace and sells various illustrations to millions of users across the globe. Founded in 2005, the company has over 82 million images in its bank and over 3000,000 registered members with its number continuously growing.
So whether you are an amateur photographer or a professional one, Fotolia.com provides a great opportunity to utilize your skills and earn good cash.
HOW IT WORKS
- To get started you have to sign up for their account. Just click Sign Up on their main page or sign up though HERE. Once you are done, conform your account through email.
- After signing up, you will be taken to your dashboard where there are various options to help you get started.
- To start selling your images, click on Sell Images on the bottom left of the options window on your dashboard. You will see another window where you have to click on the Contribute Now button.
- You will then redirect to Adobe Stock, where you have to make an account as well. Just click on Create Adobe ID, sign up and confirm your account.
- After clicking on the conformation link, you will be taken to a window where you are asked if you are a member of Fotolia.com, click the yes option.
- Now Adobe will ask you to sync your Fotolia.com account with Adobe, simply log in to sync. The next step is to review and check each item on this window.
- Now you are ready to upload your images! Just click on browse button to upload files directly from your computer. And this is how your window will look once you upload your image.
- Next step is to simply add the description and key words for your image. After this you will see a notice on your upper right corner stating “Your item is ready to be submitted”. Just click on Lets Go button. Next click on Upload and then again on Upload product ID.
- Once you have uploaded the file, another dialog box will appear asking you to submit your file. Click Submit.Once submitted, another small dialog box will appear where you have to check the photo you want to upload and then click on the submit button again.
- Lastly, you will be need to fill out the tax form, where you will have to enter your details.
THINGS TO KNOW
After making your account, there are a few things you should know:
- After submitting your photos, the team will check them out and will let you know if they have been accepted or rejected.
- Based on the acceptance, you decide the price for your picture not Fotolia.
- Fotolia accepts images from amateurs as well.
HOW DOES FOTOLIA PAY
Fotolia pays its contributors through PayPal and Skrill. Once you have credit of 50 or above, you can withdraw it. However, due to their cash out policy you must wait 45 days in order to cash your money out. One thing to remember is that you decide the price for your picture, so once a customer downloads your picture you will receive the payment in form of credit. The standard price of a picture is worth 5 credits, where one credit is worth $1.
When it comes to payment of royalties, here’s what you need to know:
- That contributors that sell their content from the company’s pay-as-you-go system, they receive 20-63% of the sale price.
- While the content sold on a subscription bases will earn the contributor 30-33% of the sales price.
Fotolia.com is a legitimate website by Adobe. It has a huge client base, mostly throughout Europe. What makes it a good way to earn money online is that it is the top 4 or 5 earners for most photographers. For photographers, Fotolia is a reputable library to build your portfolio and stand out in the photography profession. We would definitely recommend this site to all the photographers out there!
Have something to say about this article? Comment below or share it with us on Facebook.